Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Founding Fathers and Declaration of Independence
Transcript of Founding Fathers and Declaration of Independence
- Led Continental Army
- President of Constitutional Convention
- First President of the United States
- Was already in New York commanding troops when the Declaration was signed* - Principal author of the Declaration of Independence
- First Secretary of State
- Third president of U.S.A.
- Secured the Louisiana Purchase
- Founded University of Virginia and was the author of the Statute of Religious Freedom of Virginia. - Scientist and inventor of: bifocals, lighting rod, lighting electricity, Franklin stove, etc.
- Served in the Continental Congress and the Constitutional Convention.
- Founded the first nonreligious college.
- Served as America's first postmaster.
- First American ambassador to France. - "Give me liberty or give me death."
- Known for well-written speeches.
- Started the move for independence in Virginia.
- First governor of the state of Virginia.
- Elected to the first Continental Congress. Presentation by Hanna Brown and Jessica Woods Thomas Paine - Wrote "Common Sense", "African Americans In America", and "American Crisis"
- Helped convince people to separate from Britain.
- Appointed secretary to Congress Committee on Foreign Affairs.
- Appointed clerk of the Assembly in Pennsylvania. *did not sign Declaration *did not sign Declaration James Madison - Father of the Constitution
- Ratified the Constitution.
- Helped frame/co-author of the Bill Of Rights.
- Fourth president of the United States.
- Enacted the first revenue legislation. - First Vice President of the United States.
- Sixth President of the United States.
- He served in the First and Second Continental Congress.
- Successfully negotiated a loan for the U.S. government with the government of Belgium. - Was president of the Second Continental Congress.
- First governor of the common wealth of Massachusetts.
- Remembered for large and stylish signature on the Declaration of Independence. The most important founding fathers . . . The End - Elected to the Massachusetts Assembly
- Was the first to propose a Continental Congress.
- A representative to the Continental Congress.
- Appointed lieutenant governor of the state of Massachusetts. Samuel Adams - Approved July 4, 1776
- Signed August 2, 1776, though some people signed late.
- 86 changes were made to Jefferson's first draft, including one where they pulled out Jefferson's criticism of the King bringing slavery to the colonies.
- Jefferson hated the changes. *did not sign Declaration