Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Patterns in Settlement-Linear, Clustered, Scattered
Transcript of Patterns in Settlement-Linear, Clustered, Scattered
Show how people
themselves as they live on the land
vary in size, density, purpose
on the land
They reflect the type of economic activity that is found there
Larger cities usually have a wide range of economic activity
Why study settlement patterns?
To understand how people in different parts of the world are distributed and how closely they live together
Connection to the natural setting
Relationships between people and places
Three Patterns of Settlement
in or extending along a straight
from low to moderate
An area where homes are far away from each other (
Homes and buildings are