Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Polynesia
Miguel Ovies Presented by: The State - 8 large islands
& 124 small islands - August 20, 1959 Kauai History -First settlers 500 AD
-Tahitians arrived about 1000 AD -British explorer Captain James Cook ‘discovered’ the islands in 1778. He was mistakenly treated as the god "Lono" the god of good fortune and harvest -1790s, King Kamehameha, chief of the Big Island, conquered and united all the Hawaiian islands. -In 1893 a group of American businessmen overthrew the Hawaiian monarchy. The US government was initially reluctant to support the coup, but it soon rationalized its colonialism by citing the islands’ strategic importance' Kalua Pork Poke Food Spam Poi The Hula