Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Chadwick Atomic Model
Transcript of Chadwick Atomic Model
Chadwick discovered the neutron patricle in 1932
The Atomic Model
After experimenting for two weeks, he observed that the Beryllium produced particles that were bigger in mass and neutrally charged. He concluded these to be neutrons.
Sir James Chadwick
Older atom models only consisted of protons, electrons and a nucleus.
After Chadwick discovered neutrons, they were added to the nucleus of the atom.
Chadwick's hypothesis was that if there was only positively charged paticles in the nucleus of an atom, then they would not be able to form a sphere nucleus since postive charges repel eachother. He figured that there needs to be a neutral charge.