Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Automation: Good Or Bad?
Transcript of Automation: Good Or Bad?
What's This About?
Throughout this presentation there will be many pros and cons listed, comparisons made, and research done all to answer these few questions:
- Is automation in a workplace Good Or Bad?
- What can be done to improve automation?
- Higher production rates
- Use materials more efficiently
- Shorter workweeks for labour
- Improved safety
- More Consistent in quality of product
- Don't have to take breaks
A few more.....
- You will often save money over time
- Robots are adaptable (can be reprogrammed)
- Can result in higher education for our country/community
- Greater access to goods and services
- Very Expensive
- Can lower economy
- Effect on the environment
- Hire workers to repair machines
- Loss of traditional skills
- Overall, I think that automation in a workplace is a good thing
- Pros outweigh cons
- World would be much different
- Can't rely too much on it
1. Clean Power
- Solar/Wind Power on factories
- Expense at first, but not over time
- Obviously helps the enivironment
2. Training and Costs
In this solution, these are two combined ideas to help improve automation:
- Training employees
- Don't Automate all at once
A Third Solution:
3. Minimizing Waste
Although automation reduces waste, there is still plenty of materials going unused.
- Try and sell scrap metal
- Better for environment
- Company makes money