Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
How to use chromatography to compare lipsticks.
Transcript of How to use chromatography to compare lipsticks.
to compare lipsticks. The paper
is placed in a liquid solvent, which is absorbed into the paper. As the solvent
moves up the paper, it carries with it the chemicals from the substance that
readily dissolve in it. A lipstick print left at the scene of a crime
can be a valuable piece of trace evidence. These chemicals travel at different speeds up the paper, and as they travel they separate. The pattern formed by the visible bands of
separated chemicals will be different for different mixtures of chemicals -- like
different brands of lipstick.
The Process take about two days That's how it's done.. No but really we're done now. You can use paper chromatography to distinguish among brands of lipstick.
In paper chromatography, a small
amount of the substance to be analyzed is placed on a strip of paper. By Jovonee K. & Alex M