Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Measuring Length-customary & metric
Transcript of Measuring Length-customary & metric
Estimate the length of everyday objects (e.g., books, windows, tables) in both metric and U.S. Customary units of measure.
Use a ruler to measure to the nearest 1/8, 1/2, 1/4
4.7 The student will a)estimate and measure length, and describe the result in both metric and U.S. Customary units [inch, foot, yard, mile, millimeter, centimeter, and meter]
Now is the time to measure!
•Measure the length of objects in both metric and U.S. Customary units, measuring to the nearest inch (1/2 , 1/4 , 1/8 ), foot, yard, mile, millimeter, centimeter, or meter, and record the length including the appropriate unit of measure (e.g., 24 inches).
Measurements should be in both standard and metric
Length of hand
Length of pencil
Length of finger
The Metric System
Customary and Metric Measurements
[inch, foot, yard, mile, millimeter, centimeter, and meter]
Find objects in the room and measure (teacher will provide activity sheet)
Customary & Metric Measurement
A quick review song!