Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
MGMT 3303 Ch. 12
Transcript of MGMT 3303 Ch. 12
Dr. Laura Guerrero
What is leadership?
What is the difference between a good leader and a not-so-good leader?
Trait theories of leadership
Behavioral theories of leadership
- production-oriented behaviors
- employee-oriented behaviors
How would you ...
(1, 2, 3, 4) Choose employees that are likely to be leaders (use trait theory of leadership)
(5, 6, 7, 8) Train leaders using the behavioral theories of leadership
What is the LMX theory of leadership? What are its advantages and disadvantages?
In groups, explain
(1) what is charismatic leadership?
(2) are charismatic leaders born or made?
(3) how do charismatic leaders influence followers?
(4) does the effectiveness of charismatic leadership depend on the situation?
(5) what is the dark side of charismatic leadership?
(6) what is a transactional leader?
(7) what is a transformational leader?
(8) how does transformational leadership work?
How is being an authentic leader different from being a charismatic leader?
What are the advantages and disadvantages of authentic leadership?
What is servant leadership?
Do you know any servant leaders?
What have you learned about leadership?
How would you train leaders to be