Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Understanding History Through Images
Transcript of Understanding History Through Images
In your group, choose a time period, a historical event, an art movement, a photographer/artist, or a culture to explore.
Create a gallery, create a set of questions, and answer your questions - all in your Google doc.
* What do YOU want to learn? (About a period in history, an art movement, a culture...)
* What questions can you ask to uncover information?
* How do you dissect an image to interpret the historical or cultural significance?
How does art help us understand the lives of people of different times, places, and cultures?
In your group of 2 - 4 create a Google doc, share it with firstname.lastname@example.org, and answer the following question on the first slide:
People develop ideas and understandings of society, culture, and history through their interactions with and analysis of art.
As a class let's dissect a photo (class choice):
Annette Kellerman promotes women’s right to wear a fitted one-piece bathing suit, 1907. She was arrested for indecency
Christmas dinner during Great Depression:
turnips and cabbage
The Pilgrim Bride
Photograph by Shahnewaz Karim
"A newlywed bride waits for her husband before boarding the special train in Kamlapur Railway Station in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The mhendi in her hand is still showing as the light seeps through the roof and the people 'seated' there for the journey. This pilgrimage home is to enjoy the Eid festival with family."