Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Mount Kilauea
began to form 300,000-600,000 years ago, active ever since
has destroyed a Nation Park visitors center & a 700 year-old Hawaiian temple Facts on the southernmost Island
one of the MOST active volcanoes on Earth
stands under 4,200 feet tall at it's highest point
has a circular caldera that is 165m deep Eruption History 1790-powerful explosion, killed at least 80 people
1924- stream driven explosion, 1 person died
1959- the eruption produced lava fountains
1960- eruption caused Kilauea's summit to collapse
1975- 7.2 earthquake, 48ft tsunami, 2 people dead
1989- the eruption destroys the National Park
January 3, 1983- most recent eruption Weird Facts Mount Kilauea is a active shield volcano
"Kilauea" means "spewing" or "much spreading"
has its own magma-plumbing system
has erupted 62 times in 245 years