Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Les Miserables
Jean Valjean vs the Bishop
Grace vs Justice
Jean Valjean vs. Javert
1. How are Jean Valjean and Javert different? How are they similar?
2. Who Better characterizes God: Jean Valjean or Javert?
3. Is Jean Valjean Justifiably punished?
1. What is Jean Valjean's body language saying during the scene?
2. Why is his sentence 19 years? Why is this justifiable?
Who am I?
(2 Corinthians 5:17)
1. What is Jean Valjean's justification for turning himself in? What about for NOT turning himself in?
2. What does his final decision reveal about his character?
1. What hope do we have as Christians from this scene?
2. What type of love is meant in the line, "To love another person is to see the face of God?"
Finding the Gospel in
1. Why is Jean Valjean so resistant to the Bishop's words when they first meet? Does he even care?
2. Why is Jean Valjean so broken over the Bishop's reaction when he is brought back by the guards?
3. How is the Bishop a representation of Christ?
Redemption in the Life of Jean Valjean:
(1 Peter 5:7)
1. Why does Jean Valjean take responsibility for Cosette?
2. What does Cosette do for Jean Valjean?
3. Why does Jean Valjean love Cosette so much?
God on High
1. Is Jean Valjean a praying man? A Christian man?
2. Who is Jean Valjean praying for in this scene?
3. Does Jean Valjean have selfless motives?
Grace vs. Justice
Sacrifice and Second Chances