Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Copy of Shooting Range Business Plan
Transcript of Copy of Shooting Range Business Plan
List of Needs
Components for Success
There are several components of Bemidji Gun Shop and Shooting Range that will contribute to the overall success of the business.
• GUN SHOP. With only a couple of other gun retailers in the Bemidji area, most of which do not sell only guns, customers will love the knowledge the employees will have in this specialty shop.
• INDOOR/OUTDOOR-SHOOTING RANGE. This gun shop will provide customers with the opportunity to test out the guns they wish to purchase, as well as allow people to pay a fee to come in and practice shooting.
• FAIR PRICES. While most specialty shops offer products with extremely high prices, Bemidji Gun Shop and Shooting Range will provide quality guns for a fair price.
• KNOWLEDGEABLE STAFF. Bemidji Gun Shop and Shooting Range will hire people with a strong knowledge in firearms as well as safety measures in order to provide customers with a comfortable and informative experience.
Shooting Range Business Plan
Hunting and shooting participation has gone up in last few years
Guns sales have dramatically increased
result of increased violence
protect self and family
Stricter gun laws-people need safe place to shoot
Primary Trading Area - southern Beltrami County
Primary Target Market
income $40,000 - $80,000
Secondary Target Market
18-40 Primary Market
word-of-mouth and print ads
12-17 Secondary Market
gain lifelong members
41+ Secondary Market
increased spending power
newspaper, print, events
Secondary Trading Area
sporting goods stores
1. Build Awareness
2. Increase membership and youth involvement
3. Enhance relationships with donors and supporters.
4. Build Loyalty
Word of Mouth
N Plantagenet Road SW
Bemidji, Minnesota 56601
Outside of City Limits
Easy commute from town
Bemidji Gun Shop and Shooting Range is a start up small business venture located in Bemidji, Minnesota, which will be opening March of 2015. The small business will sell guns as well as offer indoor/outdoor-shooting range to try guns out, or just have a place to shoot them after purchasing them.
Bemidji Gun Shop and Shooting Range strives to supply an avid hunting town with quality guns as well as a location to practice shooting. Bemidji Gun Shop and Shooting Range will be the primary gun business in the area that sells guns and ammo with the unique quality of providing a location for them to be tested.
Shooting Range Necessities
FINAL TOTAL $2,295,156.57
Legal and organization
Legal form of business: Partnership
Owners: in charge of the whole facilities and all other employees
Manager: (full-time) looks after day-to-day operations in the store and gun range and runs the front desk.
Gun Range Organization
Accountant and Bookkeeper: (full-time) in charge of all the finances and bookkeeping
Gun Specialist: (full-time) In charge of teaching people who have never shot a gun before the proper safety and etiquette, also sets you up with the guns you’re looking for
Range supervisor: (Part-time) oversees the gun range making sure people are following the rules on the outdoor range
Supervisor: (Seasonal) oversees outdoor gun range making sure people are following the rules
Owners: Will give you a great experience at the gun range whether you’re a beginner or an advanced marksman will help you with whatever you need
Gun Specialist: Is great at teaching everyone from adults to kids, can suggest what gun is right for you depending on your experience and skill level
Smith & Wesson
Our location is located on land just outside Bemidji, We offer an indoor and outdoor gun and ranges
When you walk in their will be a desk that you come to that you check in and you can rent guns from
The desk attendant will then give you a number of what lane you will be shooting down in the range whether your choice of outside or inside weather permitting
Shooting Range Risk Assesment
The initial design of the shooting range should be based on professional guidelines and accepted standards
Proper air filtration is essential for the indoor shooting range
The outdoor range is required to be outside of city limits
Use of personal protective equipment must be required and enforced
Hearing protection is required and earmuffs and/or earplugs is recommended
Employees hearing must be tested annually to check for any damage
Employees and customers must be required to use eye protection with side shields at either of the shooting ranges
Employees should be aware of potential exposure to lead
Weather is a major concern for the outdoor range
Shooting Range Necessities
FINAL TOTAL $272,626.18
Final Total W/O Startup Costs:
The initial back-up plan is to offer the ability of the police department to rent out the shooting range for their own use, or for it to be reserved for shooting and gun safety classes.
If operating expenses are still not being covered, the backup plan will then be to lease the shooting range complex to the local police department. This would be a place where police officers and agents can become familiar with shooting at targets, gain more experience with firearms, while practicing their skills and becoming more prepared for their job out on the field.
by Brent Diesch, Rachel Craig, Rachael Kelly, Radoslav Illo, and Savanah Thompson