Sharing a Presentation in Prezi Classic Desktop for Windows
This support page is about Prezi Classic. If you’re looking for help with Prezi Next, please click here.
Now that you’ve made a stunning prezi, it’s time to show it off. Even if you aren’t presenting it to a live audience, you can send it in various ways.
Using Mac? Check out our article for Prezi Classic Desktop for Mac here.
Sharing a prezi using Prezi Classic Desktop for Windows
There are two general general ways to share a prezi online: using a link or inviting collaborators.
To share a prezi’s link
- Find the prezi you want to share. Click on the three dots in the lower right corner of the thumbnail.
- Select Share.
- You’ll get a pop-out window that reads “Who can see this prezi?” with three options:
- My collaborators: Only those people you specifically send invitations to can view or edit your prezi.
- People with the link: Anyone who has a link to view your prezi can see it.
- Anyone: Your prezi is viewable to anyone who finds it on the web. It is also indexed on our Explore page and can be found using search engines.
- Click which privacy option you’d like your prezi to have. You’ll only be given a link if you choose to share your prezi using “People with the link” or “Anyone.”
- You can also allow people to reuse your prezi by checking box below the privacy option. Who is able to duplicate your prezi will depend on the privacy setting you choose.
- To get your prezi’s link, click on the “Share” section below.
- To share your prezi, copy the link and send it to anyone, anywhere.
To share a prezi by inviting collaborators using Prezi Classic Desktop for Windows
- Find the prezi you’d like to add collaborators to.
- Click on the three dots in the lower right corner to bring up the options menu.
- Select Share to bring up the “Privacy & Share” pop-up window.
- Click on the “Collaborators” section located at the bottom of the window. You’ll see the number of users invited to view or edit next to the tab.
- Type the email, name, or team name in the field provided. Then select if you’d like to add them as a viewer or editor and click Add.
- An email will be immediately sent to the user, and the prezi will appear in the user’s account.
- You can always remove editing or viewing privileges by selecting Remove from prezi under the “Collaborators” section.
Sending a prezi file (PEZ)
A prezi file (PEZ) is a downloadable and importable file of your prezi for use with Prezi Classic Desktop. It’s convenient because it enables you to edit and present without a Wi-Fi connection using desktop application. You can export your prezi to a PEZ and email it or save it to a USB or hard drive. This is also a great way to make a backup of your work.
To export and send your prezi to a PEZ
- Find the prezi you want to export. Click on the three dots in the lower right corner of the prezi.
- Select Export to prezi file (.pez).
- You will be prompted to name the file. Type a filename and choose where to save it.
- Click Save. Your file is now a separate file. You can now email it, send it through a messaging service, or save it to an external drive such as a USB.
Remember, you’ll need to use Prezi Classic Desktop to open and edit it. If you send it to another user, he or she will have full editing rights since it is a separate file.
For more information on prezi files (PEZ), check out this article.
Sending a prezi for presentations
You can export your prezi for use on a Windows or Mac in a standalone file. This means that the file can be viewed and presented with just the file—no Internet connection or application is needed. Also known as the portable prezi, this file is great to send out If you’re going to present your prezi at a conference.
To export your prezi for presentation
- Click the three dots in the lower right corner of the prezi you want to export.
- Select Export for presentation.
- Check the box next to the operating system you’d like your prezi to run on. Please note you can check both, and it will make two separate files.
- Click Export.
- Select where you want to save the prezi(s) and click OK.
To send and access your exported prezi for presentation
Send the file that appears after you export the prezi for presentation.
- EXE→ Windows
- ZIP→ MacOnce you’ve exported your prezi for presentation, you can save it to a pen drive or email them to anyone in the world knowing that your prezi will be viewable regardless if the viewer has a Prezi Classic account. If you’re not sure which file format to send, it’s best to send both files.
Note: Prezi Classics exported for presentation must be viewed using a computer.
To access the file, simply unzip it for Mac or run it for Windows. Click on the Prezi Classic icon for the prezi to load. You’re now ready to amaze your audience.