Getting Started with Prezi Classic Desktop for Windows
This support page is about Prezi Classic. If you’re looking for help with Prezi Next, please click here.
Prezi Classic Desktop for Windows is the desktop application that gives you the freedom of working and presenting offline using your computer, so you can create and present your prezis anytime, anywhere. Click the links below to learn the basics of using Prezi Classic Desktop for Windows. Check out this video to learn more about getting started in Prezi Classic Desktop for Windows.
Using a Mac? Check out our article for Prezi Classic Desktop for Mac here.
Logging in to Prezi Classic Desktop for Windows
There are two ways you can log in to your Prezi Classic account in Prezi Classic Desktop for Windows:
- Simply enter your login ID and password and click Log in. If you don’t have an account, click Sign up.
- If your Prezi Classic account is linked with Facebook, you can log in by clicking Log in with Facebook. You will then see a pop-up window for you to log into Facebook. Once you enter your login details, click Log in. If you haven’t yet connected your accounts, you can do so online by clicking here.
The options menu
Clicking the three dots in the lower right corner of a prezi will bring up the options menu. From here you can present, rename, export, and much more.
Here’s a breakdown of what you can do:
- Present: This will take you to present mode, where you can view or present your prezi.
- Rename your prezi: This allows you to change the name of a prezi.
- Make a copy: Select this to make a copy of that particular prezi.
- Export for presentation: Export a prezi to a portable prezi. Recommended for making backups and for giving presentations.
- Export to prezi file: Export a prezi to a prezi file (PEZ) to use with Prezi Classic Desktop.
- Move to Local prezis: Select this to move a prezi to your computer. This means it is not saved in the cloud but on your computer.
- Add to folder: This acts as a bookmark to help organize your prezis.
- Share: Select to bring up the “Privacy & Share” pop-up window. From here you can change that prezi’s privacy, share the prezi, or add collaborators.
- Delete: Only use this if you are absolutely sure you want to erase a prezi. This action cannot be undone, and a deleted prezi cannot be recovered.
Note: Options NOT available to you for that particular prezi will appear faded. For example, you cannot copy a prezi if the owner does not allow others to duplicate it.
Starting a new prezi
Creating a prezi is simple. Once you sign in, you’ll be taken to the main page. Just click +New prezi on the blue button at the top of the page, and you’ll be on your way to creating your prezi masterpiece. You can also click the “+” icon in the left sidebar.
You can then choose one of our many templates created by Prezi Classic designers or start with a blank canvas and let your imagination go free. Once you create your prezi, you can present it with or without a connection. Just remember you’ll need Internet to play any YouTube videos.
Editing a prezi
If you want to edit your prezi or one that you have editing rights to, just double click on it from the main page. You will be taken directly to the editor.
Note: If you double click on a prezi and it takes you to “Present” mode, then you do not have editing rights to that prezi and therefore cannot edit it.
Renaming your prezi
To rename your prezi, just click on the three dots in the lower right corner of the prezi. In the options pop-up, select Rename and type in the new name of the prezi.
Presenting and viewing a prezi
To view or present a prezi using Prezi Classic Desktop for Windows, simply click the three dots in the lower corner to bring up the options pop-up. Then choose Present. Click the arrows at the bottom of the prezi to navigate or use the left and right arrows on your keyboard. To view the prezi in full screen, click on the icon in the lower right corner of the prezi.
You can also set a prezi to autoplay. To do so, click the cogwheel in the lower right corner. You can choose it to play at intervals of four, 10, or 20 seconds.
Copying a prezi
From the main page, click on the three dots in the lower right corner of a prezi. You’ll see a pop-up with options. Click Make a copy, and the prezi will appear on your main page. Once Prezi Classic Desktop for Windows is synced, that prezi will also appear online in your prezi dashboard.
If the pop-up does not give you the option to make a copy, then the prezi’s status is not set to resuable. To copy that prezi, the owner needs to allow for the prezi to be reused. This option can be found in the privacy settings.
Prezi Classic is available in nine languages. To change the language, just click on the cogwheel located in the lower corner of the left sidebar. Then, select Language and choose which language you’d like to work in.
Selecting “Windows default” will match the language of Prezi Classic Desktop for Windows to that of your computer’s operating system.
Searching and sorting your prezis
If you remember the title of the prezi, simply type it in the search bar found in the upper right corner. The search will look for all prezis that are owned by and shared with you.
Click on a folder to see only those prezis sorted by that folder. You can also click below your folders to search prezis “Owned by you” or “Shared with you.”
Deleting a prezi
Deleting a prezi you’ve created is simple. From the main page, click on the three dots located in the lower right corner of the prezi you wish to delete. You’ll get a pop-up. Click Delete, and a warning will pop-up to make sure you want to delete that prezi.
Once a prezi is deleted, it cannot be recovered, and it will be removed from your list of prezis.
Checking for updates
Prezi Classic Desktop for Windows will automatically look for updates. You can also do so manually by clicking the cogwheel in the left sidebar and selecting “Check for updates.” If an update is found, just follow the directions to update the application. Here you can also see what version of Prezi Classic Desktop for Windows you currently have.
To sign out of Prezi Classic Desktop for Windows, simply click on the icon in the bottom-left corner to return to the login screen.