System Requirements for Prezi Classic
This support page is about Prezi Classic. If you’re looking for help with Prezi Next, please click here.
Basic computers are just fine
The Prezi Classic editor runs well on most contemporary computers, even netbooks. You can easily determine if your computer meets system requirements to create presentations by:
- Checking out any presentation from Prezi.com/explore to see if it plays back smoothly on your computer.
- Checking if you can play back YouTube videos while in fullscreen mode when in any presentation.
High End usage
If you would like to create a very large presentation with many videos, animations, high resolution images, etc., or if you would like to present on a professional stage using double HD projections, you can. Prezi Classic uses Adobe Flash technology to render presentations in real time, therefore you can create very high resolution presentations, but your playback performance will rely on the hardware.
Here are some hardware recommendations:
- Fast processors and lots of memory help more than a strong graphics card.
- It can help to play a presentation through once, it will play smoother the second time (don't restart the presentation).
The Prezi.com website supports multiple common browsers, but please make sure you are using the following version (or higher):
Note: Flash version 11.1 is required. In some browsers, you must manually enable Flash to use Prezi.com.
The Prezi.com website supports the latest versions of the following browsers:
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
Note: Currently, some editing features are not available when using the latest version of Safari with High Sierra Mac OS X. If you have this setup, please use a different supported browser to ensure access to all editing capabilities.
Prezi Classic Desktop
- 2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor, or Intel Atom™ 1.6GHz or faster processor for netbook class devices
- Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10
- minimum 2GB of RAM
- The installation of Prezi Classic for Windows is typically around 650MB but can vary by 1-2MB from one release to the next.
- DirectX 9 or higher is required to view a portable presentation. You’ll also need a dedicated or integrated graphics card.
- Mac OS X v10.10 and above.
- minimum 2 GB of RAM
- The installation of Prezi Classic Desktop for Mac is typically around 650MB but can vary by 1-2MB from one release to the next.
Note: Prezi Classic Desktop is officially not supported on Linux. Click here for more information on this.