Using Prezi Classic Folders
This support page is about Prezi Classic. If you’re looking for help with Prezi Next, please click here.
Folders can help you organize your prezis so it’s easier to create your prezi library. You can also share folders with other Prezi Classic users.
Creating a new folder
To create a new folder
- Click + New folder in left sidebar.
- Give your folder a name.
- Click Save.
Now you can create a new prezi that will be automatically added to that folder by clicking Create a new prezi or add a prezi to the folder.
Adding a prezi to a folder
You can add both the prezis you’ve created and those that have been shared with you to a folder. If you add a private prezi to a folder, everyone with access to the folder will also have access to the prezi.
To add a prezi to a folder
- From your dashboard, click the three dots in the lower right corner to bring up the options menu.
- Select Add to folder and the menu will change to a list of your folders.
- Check the folder(s) you’d like to add the prezi.
- Click Add to folder at the top of the menu.
The prezi will be added to any folder you checked. Folders act as tags, so if you delete a folder, the prezis in that folder will not be deleted.
Sharing a folder
Once you create your folder, you can share it and show off all your great prezis.
To share a folder
- Click on the folder you’d like to share to open that folder.
- Click Share in the button located at the upper right corner.
- In the window, type the email of the person you’d like to share the folder with and click Add*.
- When you’re done sharing your folder, click Finished to close the window.
Anyone you share a folder with will have access to all the prezis. Moreover, any user with access to a folder can invite others, and added users will be added as a viewer to all prezis in the folder. To change a user’s status, you have to change their rights or remove the user from the prezi. Learn more about this in our article on sharing prezis.
If you add someone who does not have a prezi account, you’ll be given the option to send them a referral.
Deleting a folder
Folders act as tags, so if you delete a folder, the prezis in that folder will not be deleted and can be found in your dashboard under “All prezis.”
To delete a folder
- Click on the folder you’d like to delete to open that folder.
- Click the trash icon located at the upper right corner next to the “Share” button.
- You’ll get a warning to make sure you want to delete that folder.
- Select Delete to delete the folder.
Folders for teams
If you have a team license, you’ll see a default team folder with your company name next to it. Any prezi you add will give access to everyone in your company who holds a license from that Prezi Team License account.