Sharing a Presentation in Prezi Classic Desktop for Mac
This support page is about Prezi Classic. If you’re looking for help with Prezi Next, please click here.
Now that you’ve made a stunning prezi, it’s time to show it off. Even if you aren’t presenting it to a live audience, you can send it in various ways.
Using Windows? Check out our article for Prezi Classic Desktop for Windows here.
Sharing a prezi using Prezi Classic Desktop for Mac
There are two general general ways to share a prezi online: using a link or inviting collaborators.
To share a prezi’s link
- Find the prezi you want to share. Click on the three dots in the lower right corner of the thumbnail.
- Select Share.
- You’ll get a pop-out window that reads “Who can see this prezi?” with three options:
- My collaborators: Only those people you specifically send invitations to can view or edit your prezi.
- People with the link: Anyone who has a link to view your prezi can see it.
- Anyone: Your prezi is viewable to anyone who finds it on the web. It is also indexed on our Explore page and can be found using search engines.
- Click which privacy option you’d like your prezi to have. You’ll only be given a link if you choose to share your prezi using “People with the link” or “Anyone.”
- You can also allow people to reuse your prezi by checking box below the privacy option. Who is able to duplicate your prezi will depend on the privacy setting you choose.
- To get your prezi’s link, click on the “Share” section below.
- To share your prezi, copy the link and send it to anyone, anywhere.
To share a prezi by inviting collaborators using Prezi Classic Desktop for Mac
- Find the prezi you’d like to add collaborators to.
- Click on the three dots in the lower right corner to bring up the options menu.
- Select Share.
- Click on the “Collaborators” tab. You’ll see the number of users invited to view or edit next to the tab.
- Type the email, name, or team name in the field provided. Then select if you’d like to add them as a viewer editor. Then click Add.
- An email will be immediately sent to the user, and the prezi will appear in the user’s account.
- You can always remove editing or viewing privileges by selecting Remove from prezi under the “Collaborators” section.
Sending a prezi file (PEZ)
A prezi file (PEZ) is a downloadable and importable file of your prezi for use with Prezi Classic Desktop. It’s convenient because it enables you to edit and present without a Wi-Fi connection using desktop application. You can export your prezi to a PEZ and email it or save it to a USB or hard drive. This is also a great way to make a backup of your work.
To export and send your prezi to a PEZ
- Click on the three dots in the lower right corner of the prezi you want download as a PEZ.
- Select Export to prezi file (.pez).
- Name the file and choose where to save it.
- Click Save. Your file is now a separate file. You can now email it, send it through a messaging service, or save it to an external drive such as a USB.
Remember, you’ll need to use Prezi Classic Desktop to open and edit it. If you send it to another user, he or she will have full editing rights since it is a separate file.
For more information on prezi files (PEZ), check out this article.
Sending a prezi for presentations
You can export your prezi for use on a Windows or Mac in a standalone file. This means that the file can be viewed and presented with just the file—no Internet connection or application is needed. This means you do not need a Prezi Classic account, do not have to access Prezi.com, and do not have to use Prezi Classic Desktop to view or present the prezi. Also known as the portable prezi, this file is great to send out If you’re going to present your prezi at a conference.
To export your prezi for presentation
- Click on the three dots in the lower right corner of the prezi you want export for presentation.
- Select Export for presentation.
- You’ll be given the choice to export it for Windows or Mac. Check one or both.
- Click Export.
- Give your file(s) a name and choose where to export them. If you export for use on Windows, it will export as an EXE file. If you export for use with Mac, it will export as a ZIP file.
To send and access your exported prezi for presentation
Send the file that appears after you export the prezi for presentation.
- EXE→ Windows
- ZIP→ Mac
Once you’ve exported your prezi for presentation, you can save it to a pen drive or email them to anyone in the world knowing that your prezi will be viewable regardless if the viewer has a Prezi Classic account. If you’re not sure which file format to send, it’s best to send both files.
Note: Prezi Classics exported for presentation must be viewed using a computer.
To access the file, simply unzip it for Mac or run it for Windows. Click on the Prezi Classic icon for the prezi to load. You’re now ready to amaze your audience.