Presenting Remotely in Prezi Classic Desktop for Mac
This support page is about Prezi Classic. If you’re looking for help with Prezi Next, please click here.
You can present your prezi remotely anywhere in real time to up to 30 people. With Prezi Classic Desktop for Mac, it’s simple, and your viewers do not need a Prezi Classic account to join your presentation. For the ways you can present in Prezi Classic Desktop, check out the video.
Using Windows? Check out our article for Prezi Classic Desktop for Windows here.
Presenting a prezi remotely
- Click on the three dots in the lower right corner of the prezi you want to present remotely.
- Select Share. You’ll see the “Privacy & Share” pop-up window.
- Click Share (or Present remotely).
- Under “Present to a remote audience,” click Start now.
- In the “Start remote presentation” pop-up, you’ll see your prezi’s link. Copy the link and send it to invite people to view your presentation.
- When you’re ready to start, click Start remote presentation.
- You’ll be taken to your prezi, where a list of the viewers waiting to watch your prezi will be located in the right sidebar. Click Start remote presentation to start presenting.
You can now present your prezi knowing that your audience sees exactly what you’re presenting on their screens.
Once you start the remote presentation, you’ll see a sidebar with avatars representing your audience members. Click on these avatars to hand over the presentation or, if the user has a prezi account, you can view their profile.
At the top, you’ll see an icon with the number of people watching your presentation. Click it to expand the sidebar and see a full list of your viewers.
Inviting more people to a remote presentation
You can invite more collaborators while giving your remote presentation.
- Click the “+” icon in the right sidebar located under the avatars of your audience.
- You’ll see a pop-up with the link to your remote presentation.
- Copy and send the link to invite viewers.
- Click Start remote presentation to return to presenting your prezi.
Handing over a presentation
If you’re giving a remote presentation, you can hand over control of the prezi to a member of your audience. To do so, click on a viewer’s avatar and select Hand over presentation.
You’ll see a message that the user is now presenting.
Joining a remote presentation
A remote presentation can be joined with just the link. However, if a user has a Prezi Classic account, a remote presentation can also be joined using Prezi Classic Desktop for Windows, Prezi Viewer for your Android or iPhone or iPad, and Prezi Classic online.
To join a remote presentation using Prezi Classic Desktop for Mac
- Copy (CMD⌘+C) the link of the remote presentation.
- Go to File > Join Remote Presentation or simply hold CMD⌘+J.
- Paste (CMD⌘+V) the link into the field and click Join.
If the presentation has not yet begun, you’ll see a message until the presenter starts.
Ending a remote presentation
When you’re done presenting, you can simply close the window, and your presentation will end. The link to your remote presentation will expire 10 minutes after you finish the presentation.