Exporting a Presentation using Prezi Classic Desktop for Mac
This support page is about Prezi Classic. If you’re looking for help with Prezi Next, please click here.
Exporting a prezi for presentation, also known as a portable prezi, is convenient if you’re going to present your prezi. You can export your prezi for use on a Windows or Mac in a standalone file. This means that the file can be viewed and presented with just the file—no Internet connection or application is needed.
Using Windows? Check out our article for Prezi Classic Desktop for Windows here.
Exporting your prezi for presentation
- Click the three dots in the lower right corner of the prezi you want to export.
- Select Export for presentation.
- Check the box next to the format you’d like your portable prezi to run on. You can check both, and it will make two separate files.
- Click Export.
- Select where you want to save the prezi(s) and click OK.
For Windows, your file will be saved as an .EXE and for Mac, you’ll get a .ZIP. Once you’ve created the portable prezi, you can save it to a pen drive or email it to anyone in the world knowing that your prezi will be viewable regardless if the viewer or computer has a Prezi Classic account.
Viewing or presenting a portable prezi
- Simply double-click on the file. Your prezi will load.
- Once it opens, it will be immediately ready for presentation. It’s that simple.
Note: DirectX 9 or higher is required to view a portable prezi in Windows. You’ll also need a dedicated or integrated graphics card.
- Double-click the file to unzip the folder.
- Open the folder, and double-click on the Prezi Classic icon to open your prezi.
- It is now ready to be shown to the world.
Note: You must have an Internet connection to play YouTube videos in a prezi.
Sending your exported prezi for presentation
Send the file that appears after you export the prezi for presentation.
- EXE→ Windows (If exported with Prezi Classic Desktop for Windows, this will appear with as a Prezi Classic logo)
- ZIP→ Mac
Once you’ve exported your prezi for presentation, you can save it to a pen drive or email it to anyone in the world knowing that your prezi will be viewable regardless if the viewer or computer has a Prezi Classic account. If you’re not sure which file format to send, it’s best to send both files.
Also known as the portable prezi, this file is great to send in advance If you’re going to present your prezi at a conference.
Note: Make sure you send the EXE or ZIP file. Otherwise, the prezi will not be viewable.
Presenting in prezi
Check out this video for the different ways you can present in Prezi Classic.