Prezi Lite Editor: The Basics
This support page is about Prezi Classic. If you’re looking for help with Prezi Next, please click here.
NOTE: Prezi Lite Editor is no longer supported. You can still edit your prezis using your computer. If you'd still like to present or view your prezi on the go, check out the Prezi Viewer.
Prezi isn't confined to your computer. It is also available through your iPad using Prezi Lite Editor.
Creating a new prezi on an iPad
- After you sign in to your account, select '+New prezi'.
Customizing your Prezi:
- Select a template (you can tap the tool icon at any time to choose a different template).
With a template selected, you can tap 'Customize Selected' to customize your template. From here you have several options:
Changing your background image:
Tap on your current image as it appears to change it.
- To use a photo stored on your iPad, tap 'Choose existing photo' and then select the photo you would like to use.
Changing your prezi's structure:
- From the customize options, tap the different layouts to change your prezi's structure. You have three choices: Report, Progress, or Explain.
Changing frame types:
- Tap either Bracket or Circle at the bottom of the customize options to change the type of frames that appear in your prezi.
Reusing your custom templates:
- To reuse the template that you most recently customized, tap the tool icon and then select the thumbnail in the top left corner. It'll be marked 'Custom Template'
- Tap a frame and then 'Edit frame' to edit the frame's layout. Alternatively, you can tap on the frame you want to edit from the sidebar on the left-hand side, or just double tap the frame.
- Choose a layout by tapping the icons underneath your selected frame. You can choose depending on how you want to combine words and images. There are also layouts that include new frames (giving you a frame within a frame).
- To add a new frame to your path, click the 'Add frame' button on the left-hand side.
You can now start adding content to your frames.
- Add text by tapping on the headings and typing in your words.
- You can add pictures or videos by tapping on the image placeholder and choosing from the options that appear.
- If you have an active Internet connection, you can search for images online. You can also take a photo or choose from the images stored on your iPad.
- If you choose to search for images online, you'll see a search box appear. Type in words to find the kind of image you're looking for.
- When you're happy, tap on the photo you want to use.
- You can then add text over the top of the picture.
- You can change the layout of the slide without having to worry about selecting your picture or adding your text again.
- You can add videos from YouTube if you have an active internet connection. From the insert menu select 'YouTube Video' and then type the keyword(s) for the video you want to insert.
- When you've found the video you want to use, just tap it to insert.
Editing your path:
- You can set what order your frames appear in by holding your finger on a frame as it appears in the left-hand sidebar and dragging it up or down to change the order.
- You can remove a frame by tapping on the trashcan icon that appears in the left sidebar.
Saving your prezi
- Prezi Classic Lite Editor features autosave, so your work will be saved every few minutes.
- To save and exit your prezi, click the home button and tap 'Save and Close'.
Presenting from your iPad
- You can start your presentation by tapping the 'Present' icon in the top-right corner at any time.
- You can then move around your prezis using the commands below. Or you can tap the sides of your screen to move back and forth along your prezi's path.
- To exit Present Mode and go back to editing your prezi, tap the small X icon that appears in the top-right corner.