This support page is about Prezi Classic. If you’re looking for help with Prezi Next, please click here.
Charts are a great way to help the audience visualize the data you’ve collected. Prezi Classic makes it all easy to showcase with a selection of modifiable charts, so your data can always be up-to-date. Check our video to learn more.
Note: Charts are a Pro feature. If you’d like to use this feature, please upgrade your license. With a Prezi Classic Pro or Pro Plus license, you’ll also get other features like downloading a portable prezi, downloading a PEZ for use with Prezi Classic for Windows/Mac, saving a prezi as a PDF, and printing a prezi.
Making a chart
Prezi Classic makes building your chart simple. Just choose the type, add your data, and set the style so you have exactly what you want. You can even change the colors to fit your company or organization’s theme or to make certain information stand out.
To make a chart
- Click Insert from the top menu.
- Select Charts.
- Click on the type of chart you want to add: pie, line, column, or bar.
- Click Data in the tab above the window to enter your facts and figures. You’ll see your chart change accordingly.
- Select Style to change details of the chart. Style choices will depend on the chart you choose.
- Click Insert when you’re done.
Once you’ve made your chart, you can move it, resize it and rotate it. You can also go back and edit it at any time.
Editing a chart
You can add information, change color, edit labels, and even change the chart type at any time.
- Just click on the chart to bring up the Transformation Tool.
- Then click Edit Chart. From here you can edit the type, data, and style. The style can be edited according to graph type. You’ll see the changes go into effect as you edit.
- Once you’re done, click Update.
Note: If you’ve entered new data or changed labels, you must click outside of that field to make sure the changes go into effect. You’ll notice that field is not highlighted in blue. You can then click Update to complete your chart.
Each chart type has different elements that can be changed. As you edit, the changes you make will be reflected in the graph to the right of the chart pop-out.
In pie charts, you can edit to show the legend, change the label color, show values (percentages), show absolute values (numerical), and choose chart colors.
In line charts, you can edit the type of curves, show the legend, change the label color, show a grid and data points, name the axes, edit axis ranges, and choose chart colors.
In column charts, you can show the legend, change the label color, stack the columns, show a grid, name the axes, edit axis ranges, and choose chart colors.
In bar charts, you can show the legend, change the label color, stack the bars, show a grid, name the axes, edit axis ranges, and choose chart colors.
Adding to favorites
If you use a chart frequently, adding it to your “Favorites” will speed up your workflow. Best of all, it’s simple.
Just click on the chart to bring up the Transformation Tool. Then click Favorite. Your chart will be added to your “Favorites” and available for reuse.
To reuse from “Favorites”
- Click Insert from the top toolbar.
- Select Favorite in the drop down menu. You’ll see a pop-out sidebar.
- Double-click the chart or drag and drop it to anywhere on the canvas. You can then edit your chart if needed.