Editing Content with the Transformation Tool
This support page is about Prezi Classic. If you’re looking for help with Prezi Next, please click here.
Editing content with Prezi Classic is done using a simple set of controls that we like to call the Transformation Tool. Watch the video to learn how you can edit your content with the Transformation Tool.
The Transformation Tool
Click on any object on your prezi canvas to bring up the Transformation Tool. You can use this tool to edit text or frames.
Editing text boxes
If you click on a text box, you’ll get a slightly different version of the tool to edit text.
Rotating a frame
- Click on a frame to bring up the Transformation Tool.
- Hover your cursor over one of the four corners. Your cursor will change to an arrow icon.
- Slightly move the mouse away from the corner and the arrow will become curved.
- Click and drag the arrow to rotate the object.
Adding content to your “Favorites”
With any object selected, simply click Favorite to add it to your collection of saved content. Click here for more information on reusing your best content.
You can crop an image simply by clicking on it and selecting Crop Image.
This will bring up the image cropping tool. From here you can drag anyone of the four corners to crop your image. When you’re finished, click away from the image to see the changes take effect.
You can access even more options for positioning and editing your content (including layering objects) by right-clicking on any object in your prezi.
The right-click menu (CTRL+click on Macs with default setup)
Right-click on any object to bring up these options:
- Add to Favorites: adds the selected content to your collection of saved content.
- Bring Forward: bring the selected object one step forward. The object that your selected object will swap places with will fade so that you can see what effect moving your object forward will have.
- Bring to Front: bring the selected object to the front. All objects that the your selected object will swap places with will fade.
- Send Backward: send the selected object one step backward. The object that your selected object will swap places with will fade.
- Send to Back: send the selected object to the back of your prezi behind all other objects.
- Turn spell-checker off: disables the function to check spelling.
- Start presentation: enters presentation mode.
- Cut (or CTRL/CMD+X): the selected object will be removed and placed on your computer's clipboard.
- Copy (or CTRL/CMD+C): the selected object will be copied to your computer's clipboard.
- Paste (or CTRL/CMD+V): pastes copied or cut selections from your computer's clipboard into your prezi.
- Delete: deletes the selected object. Deletion of an object in Prezi Classic can be undone by hitting the Undo button (or CTRL/CMD+Z) located in the top left menu.