Adding Effects to Your Images
This support page is about Prezi Classic. If you’re looking for help with Prezi Next, please click here.
With Prezi Classic, you can add effects to your images without having to download any additional software–allowing you to set a mood, cover up blemishes, remove redeye, and much more.
Check out this tutorial to see what you can do with effects in Prezi Classic:
Ading effects to a photo:
- Click on the image you want to change while in Edit Mode and select 'Effects'.
- This will bring up a new window. From here you'll be able to choose the effect you want to use.
- NOTE: If you're on Prezi Classic's Public or Enjoy plans you will only see the first three effect options (Enhance, Effects, Frames). The full range of effects you see above is available only to Pro and EDU Pro license holders.
- Once you choose an effect, you can choose to implement it by clicking 'Apply'. If you decide that you don't want to keep the new effect, click 'Cancel' at any time.
- After you click 'Apply' you will see your image as it will now look. You can still cancel by clicking the X icon in the top-right corner of the window.
- You can now choose to add another effect, or if you're happy, click 'Save' to return to editing your prezi.
Summary of effects options
All license types:
- High-Def: Intelligently sharpens and defines your image.
- Illuminate: Fixes lighting issues.
- Color Fix: Performs amazing color correction.
Allows you to apply a range of different color filters to your image. Allowing you to set just the right mood for your prezi.
Use this tool to add a border to your images–a great way to bring depth and context to your images.
Pro and EDU Pro license holders:
The focus tool is perfect for creating a focal point or for accentuating depth within an image. You can choose to focus within a circle or rectangle, as well as adjust the size of your focus.
Apply a warm tint to your image by dragging the slider to the right and a cool tint by dragging to the left.
Brighten or darken your image by dragging the provided slider.
Create a higher contrast for your image by dragging the slider to the right or dull your image by dragging to the left.
Increase the color saturation of your image by dragging the slider to the right or dull the saturation by dragging to the left.
Use this to add definition and clarity to your image. Drag the slider at the top of the screen to the right to make your image sharper, or soften the clarity by dragging to the left.
Use this tool to create a black and white image that contains a single element of color. After selecting the splash tool, the image will automatically convert to black and white. Now, use the following options to fill elements with color.
- Free color: This setting allows you to bring back all color when applied.
- Smart color: This setting allows you to bring back a single color at a time.
- Eraser: Use the eraser to remove any applied color. This makes it easy to touch up your color splash.
Use this tool to remove redeye from your photos. To apply, simply apply to the red areas you would like to remove. Keep in mind, this tool removes only reds, so if you try to apply this tool to a yellow area, nothing will happen.
Use this tool to brighten whites. You can control the size of your brush from the toolbar along the top of the screen.
Use this tool to remove blemishes by tapping the areas you would like to correct. You can control the size of your brush from the toolbar along the top of the screen.