Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Compound Sentences
Combining simple sentences to make Compound Sentences
John works thirty hours a week,
he goes to school at night.
John wants to be a full-time student,
he has to work to support his family.
are connecting words.
to connect the simple sentences bellow.
My English class is easy.
I am having trouble with my Japanese class.
A college education is important to me.
I'm working very hard to be ready next year.
I want to improve my Japanese speaking skills.
I don't have any Japanese friends to practice with.
gives a choice.
My friends and I usually go to a party,
we go to the movies.
I study in the library,
I go to the language lab to listen to tape.
My car is in the shop,
I have to take the bus.
My students study very hard,
they always get good grades.
Choose the best connecting word (
1) I know how to teach English, ____ my classes are always full.
2) I give a test every week, ____ my students can use their books to find the answer.
3) My students are always late for class, ____ I never get angry with them.
4) I allow my students to take their final test at home, ____ I give them a final test in class.
5) I don't want my students to feel bad, ____ everyone gets an "A" in my class.
Avoid Comma Splices
and Run-on Sentences
Don't put a comma at the end of a sentence.
Don't run two sentences together.