Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Bioinformatics
•What is bioinformatics?
• Can you name some of the biomedical questions studied in bioinformatics?
• Can you name some of the technical questions studied in bioinformatics?
• Why are you interested in bioinformatics?
The Bio- in Bioinformatics
What is Bioinformatics?
and applies computer and computational technologies
to study biomedical questions.
As a technology,
bioinformatics is a powerful technology to
manage, query, and analyze big data in life sciences.
-As a technology:
As a methodology:
As a methodology,
bioinformatics is a top-down,holistic,data-driven, genome-wide, and systems approach that generates new hypotheses, finds new patterns, and discovers new functional elements.
As an interdisciplinary field
Database similarity search
Mass spec protein
By Nada El Jundi