Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
EAP Week 2
Transcript of EAP Week 2
* Group discussions face-to face or on-line
* Group problem solving tasks
* One-to-one negotiation task role-play
* Interview role-play (10-20 minutes)
* Formal spoken presentation of 15 to 20 minutes on a prepared topic and 10 minute group discussion and question and answer session.
What makes a business successful?
Passion Freeman Thomas (Daimler Chrysler)
Love Carol Coletta (radio producer, Smart City)
Work Rupert Murdoch (CEO, Newscorp)
Good David Gallo (Marine scientist)
Goldie Hawn (actor)
Push Alex Garden (game developer)
Frank Gehry (Architect)
Serve Sherwin Nuland (Doctor)
Ideas Bill Gates (Microsoft)
Persist Joe Kraus (cofounder of Excite)
to be stuck in a rut
to follow in someone’s footsteps
to figure out something
it turns out that…
something is likely to stick…
A successful business:
constantly innovates, diversifies and takes risks.
strictly controls their outgoings including salaries which are fixed.
keeps overheads down by outsourcing to companies abroad.
invests heavily in PR.
looks for ways of avoiding taxes.
makes as much money for shareholders as possible.
makes redundancies when times are tough and to cut costs.
keeps a close eye on the competition.