Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Mathematics of Sellin and Buying
Transcript of Mathematics of Sellin and Buying
MARK UP RATE it can be expressed based on cost or it can be expressed on selling price .
The Following Variables will be in our mathematical treatment of Mark Up :
Mc=Markup on Cost
Msp=Mark up on selling price
MR=Mark up rate
MRc=Mark up rate on Cost
MRsp=Markup rate on selling price
A. SELLING PRICE
* A mathematics book cost the store manager Php 161 and he marked it up another Php 89 . What was the selling price of the book?
Given : C=Php161 M=Php89
Thus,the selling price of the mathematics book is Php250
* RFS Sports Inc. sells home-gymnasium package for Php175000 and maintains a markup of 37% on selling price . Find the mark up value .
Given : SP = Php175000 MRsp=37%=0.37
Msp = MRsp x SP
Thus, the markup value is Php64750
*The washing machine had a selling price of Php4,792. It had been marked up Php1,248. What bis its cost?
Given : SP= Php4,792 M=Php1,248
Thus, the cost is Php 3544
D. Markup Rate
* A Laser printer costing Php8750 is sold for Php12250 . Find the markup rate based on cost ?
Given : C=Php8,750 SP=Php12,250
= 12,250-8,750/8750 =0.40 or 40%
Cost is the price a a merchandising Business or retailer pays for a product .
Selling Price or retail price , is the price for which a merchandising business or retailer sells a product to a customer .
The difference between selling price and cost is called MARK UP ,
MARK UP is added to cost to cover the operating expenses and provide a profit to the owners .
Mathematics of Selling and Buying
E. Equivalent Markup Percentages
% C Markup =% Selling Price Markup /
(100% -%Selling Price Markup )
% SP Markup % Cost Markup / (100%+% Cost Markup
* If the markup on an item is 25% of price , what percent is the mark up on cost ?
Given : % Cost Markup= 25%
% C Markup =%Selling Price Markup / (100% - % Selling price Markup
= 25% / (100%-25%)=25% / 75% = 0.25 / 0.75 = 0.3333
Thus, the percent markup on cost is 0.3333 or 33 1/2%
markdown is a price production from the original selling price of merchandise.the reduction on regular price of product may have been brought by damaged goods,discounted items,old stocks and other events
Markdown = Regular Price x Markdown Rate
Sale Price = Regular Price - Mardown
Markdown Rate = MarkDown / Regular Price
Regular Price = Sale Price / 100%-Mardown Rate
* What are the Markdown and the sale price on an antique jar that has a regular price of Php 35800 and is on sale for 26% off the regular price ?
Given : Regular Price Php 35800 MarkDown Rate : 26%=0.26
Markdown = Regular Price x Makdown Rate
Sale Price : Regula Price x Markdown
Thus, the markdown is Php 9308 and the sale is Php 26492
Trade discount are reduction from list price , it is typically offered between manufacturer and wholesaler or between wholesaler and retailer
Tade discount = List price x Trade Discount Rate
Trade Discount Rate = Trade Discount /List Price
List Price = Invoice Price / Rate of Invoice Price
Net Price = List Price - Trade Discount
* Find the net price of shirt listed at Php 925 , The Retailer is Granted a 20% trade discount 925?
Given : List Price = Php925 Trade Discount = 20%
trade discount = list price x trade discount rate
= (925)(0.20) = 185
net price = list price - trade discount
= 925 - 185 = 740
Thus. the net price is Php740.
Cash Discount = Invoice x Cash Discount Rate
Net Amount = Invoice - Cash Discount
Cash Discount Rate = Cash Discount / Invoice
* The Full Amount of the purchase is Php 530. If a cash discount of 10% is allowed , Find the amount of the cash discount and the net amount to be paid?
Purchase Price = Php 530 Rate of Discount = 0.10%=.10
Cash Discount =Purchase Price x Cash Discount Rate
=(530)(0.10)= Php 53
Net Amount = Full Amount - Cash Discount
Thus, The cash discount is Php 53 and the amount to be paid is Php 477
Is a incentive that seller offers in return for paying a bill owed before the scheduled due date . The seller will generally reduce the amount owed by the buyer by a small percentage or a set of a peso amount .
the concept of retail discount are the same with trade discount .
Retail Discount = List Price x Discount
Net price = list price - retail discount
Discount rate = Retail discount / List price
List price = Net price / 100%- Discount rate
*sofia bought a computer set at a computer shop. the list price of the computer is Php 50,000 with 12% retail discount . how much did she actually pay
Given = list price Php 50,000 Discount rate = 12% = 0.12
Retail discount = list price x discount rate
=(50,000)(0.12) = Php 6,000
Net price = List price - retail dicount
= 50,000 - 6,000 = 44,000
Thus,sofia paid Php 44,000 for the computer set