Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Social Business
I. What is social business?
B. Examples : Social Business around the world
Red Rabbit - New York
Inspire a generation of Healthy eater
Fresh City Farm - Toronto
B. Private organisations fomenting Social Economy
The Social Economy Alliance example
What they do
" A new voice on the economy"
- Healthy Food delivery in School
- Food lab
Painting and decorating social Entreprise
Training and work experience for ex-offender
Only 10% of the participants have re-offended
An important communication campaign
1. Social Economy and illustrations
2. Actors which encourage these initiatives
3. A critical view of Social Economy
* First goal : overcome poverty or a social problem. Not profit maximization
* Financial and economic Sustainability
* Environmentally conscious
An answer to crisis
* Economic crisis
* Environmental crisis
* Social crisis
Who they are
Actors financing the social economy
2. Promotion of the social economy
2. Promotion of Social Economy
* Social enterprises...
Social Economy in the UK :
an overall positive outcome
Britain's finance minister George Osborne presenting his annual budget to the House of Commons
Some doubts about the SEA strategy
" Why is this necessary? Hasn't David Cameron already talked about moral capitalism? Hasn't Francis Maude recently converted to the merits of mutuals? Doesn't Ed Miliband espouse responsible capitalism and don't Labour argue that business should carry some of the weight that falls on the state? Hasn't Vince Cable attacked casino capitalism and haven't the Lib Dems called for more alternative banks and wider employee ownership?"
The European Commission
Publication in 2013 of a guide dedicated to “Social Economy and Social Entrepreneurship”
The European Parliament
2009: resolution adopted on social economy
Institution set up in November 2000
-> promoting role and values of social economy actors in Europe
-> reinforcing the political and legal recognition of the social economy at EU-level
The European Economic and Social Committee
A consultative body that makes interest groups able to express their points of views on european issues
2012: publication of “The Social Economy in the European Union” and “OPINION of the EESC on the Social Economy in Latin America”
In France, in July 2014:
“Law for Social Economy”
a. A lot of actors at a european scale
“This is excellent news for Britain's social economy,"
Jonathan Jenkins, spokesperson for the Social Economy Alliance
"Business should carry some of the weight that falls on the state."
"We want more alternative banks and wider employee ownership"
* Housing associations...
* Cooperation forums...
of the economy
Social economy thinkers
* Think tanks...
* Social investors
* Crowd funders
* Alternative financial institutions