Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Tesco Market Segmentation
Transcript of Tesco Market Segmentation
2012615126 JACK COHEN Founded in 1919 in U.K as a group of market stalls Why Tesco is Tesco?
In 1924, Cohen purchased a shipment of tea from T. E. Stockwell and combined those initials with the first two letters of his surname (COHEN) In 1929, first Tesco opened in Burnt Oak, Middlesex and it grows worldwide. TESCO IN MALAYSIA Tesco Stores (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. was established on 29 November 2001 as a result of a strategic alliance between Tesco Plc UK and local conglomerate, Sime Darby Berhad.
In February 2002, Tesco Malaysia officially commenced operations with the opening of its maiden hypermarket in Puchong, Selangor.
46 outlets:- Tesco Hypermarket and Tesco Extra
In 2006, Tesco acquired Makro Cash and Carry NEW CUSTOMER AND NEW GEOGRAPHY -Super-premium product and price
–Limited to high-value added items - All products under Tesco Light Choices are designed to contain lower levels of sugar, saturates, salt, calories and fat as compared to similar products.
-Specially made for consumers who are undergoing diet plans, health-conscious or careful about their nutrition intake due to medical reasons. -The cheapest on display.
- Cost-effective packaging ensures more savings
- To meet customers essential needs because it help customer to spend less. - Made to match market-leading brands in quality, taste and performance.
- Products are always displayed next to leading brands
- Can help customer save more without compromising on quality. Foods Non-foods Entertainment Health and Beauty Household Clothing Electronic