Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Greek Gambling
Gambling extended to the gladiator pits and chariot races and cheating and fixing games was a common practice.
Ancient Greek Gambling
Checkers is a game that was called ‘tilia’ in ancient Greece and in the Roman era it was called the game of the 12 lines. Scenes on pottery show that betting on animal fights (including chickens, birds and dogs) was also active and animals would be bred for that reason.
Two greek men playing Tilia
Women playing dice
Heads or Tails
Most ancient Greek authors and philosophers condemned gambling and they mention that at some point gambling became like a plague resulting in government measure to reduce gambling.
How to play
TRY IT OUT!
Summary - Talks a bit about past Greek gambling and how it has not changed. There is an official "horse-racing" license in Greece now that has helped boost the economy.