Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
European Corn Borer (ECB) Affect
Transcript of European Corn Borer (ECB) Affect
Question & Hypothesis
Question: How does the European Corn Borer affect the yield of corn?
Hypothesis: If the ECB affects a yield of corn then, the yield of corn will have a small amount of kernels because of the low/high infestation that effects the conditions that the corn will grow in. (plant disease, extreme weather, poor soil, etc.)
1. Four types of seed variety will be set in different containers in three pots to be grown in 140 day time period. a. Super Harvest b. Golden Crop c. BT- 123 d. BT-456
2. All seed variety's will go through three different types of ECB infestations. (None, Low, High)
3.At the end of the 140 days the yield of kernel form the ear of plant will be weighed.
Dependent & Independent Variable
Dependent Variable: Yield of kernel weight per ear of corn on each plant
Independent Variable: The level of European Corn Borer Infestation
Controls: In this experiment the variables (soil, nutrients, watering amounts, and light conditions) will stay the same for each growing plant.
1. Super Harvest
2. Golden Crop
3. BT- 123
4. BT- 456
Through out the experiment each plant intercepted none, low, and high levels of ECB. My hypothesis was correct based on the outcome of the experiment. The data that I have collected verifies that the seed variety Super Harvest did the worst with the infestation, the high ECB was 128.2g. BT- 123 did the best growing through the infestation, the high ECB was 160.7g. Then the BT- 456 seed had a high ECB of 157.8g and Golden Crop was 137.8g. In conclusion ECB is not the answer for healthy corn crops.