Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Rome Day 1 and 2 ELD
Transcript of Rome Day 1 and 2 ELD
is a group of countries or
cultures all under the authority of one
The Roman Empire’s first
. It is located
modern day country
The Roman Empire was once
(they believed in
Later on, the official
believed in one god and Jesus).
The Capital City: Rome
Today 's Learning Objective
Re-read the text "The Location of Rome" by Cicero.
Mark every good thing about Rome's location with a
Mark everything negative about Rome's location with a
Read the text "The Location of Rome" by Cicero.
6 minutes, read independently.
Annotate the parts you believe
4 Corners Activity
The city of Rome is in a safe location.
It was dangerous for the Roman Empire to be so big.
Students will be able to write 5 complete sentences about Rome's location using information from the vocabulary packet and using the map.
Please USE your text from today!
THE ROMAN EMPIRE!
HW (will be collected at the end of the unit)
Pretend you are going to create a new city on this empty island. Where do you think would be the best place to put it? (A or B)
Explain your answer in
two complete sentences.
The Roman empire should collect tax money from all of the places it controlled.
Vocabulary Packet Rules
1) Sometimes I will assign words BEFORE we have learned them, sometimes I will assign them AFTER we have learned them.
2) You MAY go ahead in the packet!!!!
3) I will collect it at the end of the unit...don't lose it!
4) Pictures do not have to be in color.
Do Now - Wednesday, August 24, 2016
THE ROMAN EMPIRE
At the end of every line, write a something you know or guess about the Roman Empire
“Rome wasn’t built in a day.”
The Roman Empire
How long *did* it take to "build"?
Between 500 & 1500 years!
On the bottom of your map, write 5 complete sentences. Each sentence should contain one of these phrases:
1) The Western Roman Empire
4) The city of Rome
The Roman Empire, 110 CE