Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Unit 1 - Develop effective communication in health and socia
Transcript of Unit 1 - Develop effective communication in health and socia
1. Unit introduction
2. Define communication
3. Identify and analyse different types of communication
4. Review elements of effective communication
Unit 1- Develop Effective Communication
Define effective communication and interpersonal interaction.
Analyse factors which influence communication and interpersonal interactions in health and social care.
Know how patients and service users may be assisted by effective communication.
Demonstrate your own communication skills in a caring role.
What is effective communication?
Watch the video and analyse how effective the communication is.
What is communication?
Split in 3 groups.
Watch the video and then in your group:
a. define communication
b. give examples of types of communication you identify in the clip.
Effective communication uses all 5 senses
visual, audio, olfactory, Kinesthetic, gustatory
Effective communication in health and social care
how can communication be effective?
Can you follow instructions?
3 minutes exercise!
Types of communication
- ideas occur;
- message coded;
- message sent;
- message received;
- message decoded;
- message understood
David Kolb (1984) learning style: watch, listen, see, do, think
Multiple intelligence (7)- Howard Gardner 1982
CODE BREAKING COMPETITION
post it notes!
stick them on the wall!