Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Fallacy Project
A mandatory seat belt law could never be enforced. You cant issue citations to dead people.
-By law saying you cant issue citations to dead people is trying to make the attack seem easier than just enforcing the law, because everybody would already be dead according to straw man. If you enforce the law the way it should be nobody would die, so why not be more logic than everybody just dying.
Vegetarians say animals have feeling like you and me. Ever seen a cow laugh at a Shakespeare comedy? Vegetarianism is nonsense!
- The argument with this fallacy is that vegetarianism in nonsense, but vegetarians dont eat meat so to the fact that they dont is the cause of saying that they have feelings like you and me so why kill them. The rhetorical question in the example is saying that there not laughing like humans do so whats the issue.
Person A: I think we should go to the carnival to get out the house and get fresh air, also do something different.
Person B: No, we should stay in the house and if you want fresh air go walking around the block.
- This is a straw man fallacy. Person A's position is that 'its something different and fresh air". Person B misinterprets the original position and creates a straw man (in the example, the straw man is go around the block).
By: laquasha Baly
Example 1: created by me
Example 2: http://commfaculty.fullerton.edu/rgass/fallacy3211.htm
Example 3: http://utminers.utep.edu/omwilliamson/ENGL1311/fallacies.htm