Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
1984 Background Info
Transcript of 1984 Background Info
During the creation of 1984, Orwell had fallen ill, yet he still pursued the completion of the novel. He died, January 21, 1950, seven months after the publishing of 1984. Time Period 1984 was written as a response to the Stalin/ Soviet Union era. Big Brother strongly resembles Stalin in physical appearance and the Oceanian society was similar to that of Europe at the time of World War II. Orwell's creation of 1984 served as a warning for society and the threat of totalitarianism. He played on the idea of what may happen if Europe became overrun by a all-powerful figure. Background Information Work cited http://www.orwelltoday.com/whyorwell.shtml