Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Germs
Paul - Jolyon & Matilda's Dad
Clean hands are healthy
- Reduces the spread of disease
- Less cold & flu
- In developing countries you grow taller if you have access to water & soap
- A single cell life form
- Can feed on bacteria
- Example - Malaria
A very simple plant-like cell
Can live in the skin
Normally bigger than viruses
Come in many shapes & sizes, some have tails to help swim
Can replicate, multiple & live virtual anywhere
Viruses are are the smallest
They are parasites they can only replicate inside other cells
What is a germ?
- Germs or micro-organism are living things we can't see with the naked eyes
- We need a microscope. Types of micro-organisms:
How many cells make up our Bodies?
Most germs good,
some are bad
- Good bacteria help protect parts of the body
- Bad germs can be passed by sneezing or cough
- On hands
Germs on Hands
Population Ocean Grove
Population of Australia
23,000,000 (23 million)
Number of Cells that make up a Human
100 trillion = 100 million, billion
Number of Bacteria Cells on or in a human
- 90 trillion = 90 million, billion
- 90% of all cells on or in a human are microbes!!
How to clean your hands
Soap - works fatty acid one end hydrophillic the other lipophillic
Hand rub - alcohol breakdown the cell wall & drys bacteria out
- Examples - tapeworms
Population of Earth
7 billion people = 7,000,000,000