Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Design Question 2
Transcript of Design Question 2
Identifying Critical Content
Instructional Strategies That Help Identify Critical Content
Element 6 - Identifying Critical Content, sets the tone for the lesson. It is here that teachers carefully select the critical information to be taught and ensures it is at a high enough level to ensure rigor.
- failing to identify the critical content
- failing to communicate its importance
- failing to communicate the kind of action or response
Design Question #2
Protocol Video: Identifying Critical Information (Ninth Grade)
Monitoring for the Desired Result
identifying the critical information
explaining the difference
describing its importance
explaining its progression
Think - Pair - Share
1. What strategies do you use within your instruction?
Protocol Video: Identifying Critical Information (Kindergarten)
Protocol Video: Identifying Critical Information (Fifth Grade)
Learning Goal: The teacher will be able to implement teaching strategies to help students effectively identify critical content.
Monitoring for Desired Result
What is the desired effect of Design Question 2 Element 6?
1. Record what you see/hear the instructor asking his students.
How does the 9th Grade LA instructor monitor the extent to which his students attend to critical content?
Additional Resource Videos
Complete the 7 Element Feedback Form
Reflection Question: What challenges do you see in monitoring for the desired effect.