Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Kosher food
Jews can eat kosher foods
or animals that have split hoves.
What is kosher food?
Kosher food is the name given to the food that Jewish people are allowed to eat.
Almost like a jewish law.
How can you identify kosher animals?
Kosher animals can be reconised by two features. First, their hooves are completely parted at the bottom to form two horny pads
First, their hooves are completely parted at the bottom to form two horny pads. Second they chew cud.
Some kosher animals include:
But Jews may only eat animals that have been killed by shechitah. Shechitah is a cut across the throat with a razor-sharp knife.
Causing pain to any living creature is stricly forbidden in jewish law. Shechitah has been shown to be a humane way of killing animals.
Jews also can't eat insects, even though most people wouldn't anyway, it is a sin.