Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Global Context for CCSS
Transcript of Global Context for CCSS
Steve Regur, Ed.D.
Influences on the future of American education
Common Core State Standards
Obligation or Opportunity?
Opportunity or obligation?
Follow the bouncing ball...
1. Identify the ultimate graduation outcome. Include all stakeholders, particularly business, higher education, and community members.
2. Backmap indicators related to that goal.
3. Align reporting systems to capture and analyze those indicators.
4. Align resources including personnel and policies to support those indicators.
5. Create a practice of reflection with checkpoints to examine progress on those indicators.
6. Communicate expectations to community and staff in user-friendly ways.
Steps for Stystemic Improvement
The Global Context for the Common Core
"One implication of hyper-connectivity for our students is... because..."
“One observation I have about the data is...”
trend cost productivity
“One claim made by Sir Ken Robinson is...”
date of manufacture
“One observation I made about the organization of the CCSS is...”
3- A connection I made to the information shared today pertains to... because...
2- A concern I have is... because...
1- A question I have about the information shared is...