Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The House On Mango Street.
Transcript of The House On Mango Street.
Esperanza a Latina-American girl
Almost 12 years old
Has moved places over 3 times
Moves in Urban neighborhood
Esperanza is ashamed of how poor her family is
Born on December 20, 1954, in Chicago, Illinois.
Lives in San Antonio, Texas
American writer and poet
Attended University of Iowa and Loyola University of Chicago
Also wrote "Woman Hollering Creek", ''My wicked, wicked ways", "Caramelo", etc..
All she wants is a place that she can be proud to call her home
ESPERANZA MADE SOME FRIENDS ON mango street (rachael and sally)
her and sally's friendship led to esperanza getting emotionally and sexually humiliated
The House on Mango Street
don't let anybody stop you from achieving your goal
having a home doesn't mean owning a house; means having a place that you feel like you belong.
after attending a funeral esperanza learned that she is special and will go far in life
she finds that writing helps her escape and accept MANGO STREET