Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
What happens when you eat a carb?
Transcript of What happens when you eat a carb?
It's time to eat...
Glucose is either used
Additional stomach acids, along with
amylase from the pancreas, break down
carbs into its simplest form:
Food is chewed and
swallowed to the stomach
Glucose gets absorbed into the blood
through the walls of the small intestine
Food is now in the small intestine...
Glucose is the body's main source of fuel
and is used in the body's tissues; especially
the brain and central nervous system
Glucose is now in the bloodstream...
...or is stored in the body's tissues and
used later during periods of
Amylase (an enzyme found in saliva)
begins to break down carbs in the mouth.
The stomach then passes its contents to the small intestine