Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Copy of Technology Devices to overcome limitation of sight
Transcript of Copy of Copy of Technology Devices to overcome limitation of sight
Nieeshal Nair A/L Subaramanim
SMK Ibrahim SUITABLE
TECHNOLOGY DEVICES TO OVERCOME LIMITATION OF SIGHT AND HEARING Function of devices that can overcome the limitation of sight The function of device that can overcome the limitation of hearing. Humans have sight and hearing limitation . Without any devices , our sight and hearing will be limited . Limitations of sight can be overcome by using appropiate optical devices such as microscope , telescope and others. The range of frequency of hearing for human is 20 Hz and 20 000 Hz . It is different according to the age of a person ( Children -larger range of hearing frequency than adults ) . Hearing limitations can be overcome by using appropriate hearing aids such as stethoscope , megaphone , microphone , earphone , headphone , PA System and others. All of these devices helps us to makes our lives easier. OBJECTIVE The objectives of learning about the limitation of sight and hearing :-
-Our hearing and sight has its limitation.
-We can overcome the limitation of our sight and hearing by using or wearing technology devices.
-Examples of technology devices that have made our lives easier :-
i)Doctors use stethoscopes to hear our heartbeats.
ii)Scientists use microscopes to look at tiny particles. MICROSCOPE stethoscope INTRODUCTION - To see object that are too small for the naked eye.
- Invented by Zacharias Janssen .
- Optical microscope ( the first invented ) , have one / more lenses that are refractive glass and occasionally of plastic to focus light into the eye or another light detector . Function Of Device that can overcome the limitaion of sight Telescopes - to view distant objects such as stars and planets.
- the first known practical telescopes were invented in Netherlands.
- an instruments that aids in the observation of remote objects by collecting electromagnetic radiation. The function of device that can overcome the limitation of sight. Binoculars - to see tiny distant objects such as birds in the sky.
-a pair of identical mirrors - symmetrical telescopes mounted side by side and aligned to point accurately in the same dirrection allowing the viewer to use both eyes when viewing distant objects. magnifying glass - to make tiny objects appear larger than the original.
- convex lens that is used to produce a magnified image
of an object.
-also called a hand lens in laboratory contexts. ultrasound machine - to scan and see the foetus in a pregnant woman.
- a cyclic sound pressure wave with frequency greater than the upper limit of the human hearing range. The function of devices that can overcome the limitation of sight. perisccope -invented by Johann Gutenberg in 1450
to see and view beyond an obstructing object.
-an instrument for observation from a concealed position.
- consisits of an outer case with mirrors at each end set parallel to each other at 45 degree angle. x-ray machine -invented by Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen
-to view internal organs or to inspect baggages at the airports. -helps doctors to detect the soft heartbeats of patients .
- invented in France by Rene Laennec megaphone - boosts weak sounds ( the function of megaphone is the same as a microphone )
- invented by Samuel Morland and Athanasius Kircher. earphone - collects and amplifies sounds before sending them to the middle ear .
- invented by Nathaniel Baldwin. Public Address System - amplifies voices so that they can be heard from far away .
- invented by Edwin Jensen and Peter Pridham