Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Futures_Thinking
Transcript of Copy of Futures_Thinking
"The" future does not exist...
There are futures
Futures is not History in reverse...
"the future ain't what it used to be!"
alternative images of the future(s)
utopia vs. dystopia
"We shape our tools and
thereafter our tools shape us."
"Any useful idea about the future(s) should appear to be ridiculous."
- Dator's 2nd Law of the Future(s)
Rio de Janeiro
3. Every challenge is an opportunity and vice versa.
2. Beware the tyranny of the present!
16k memory $8,975
IBM 7090 - 1960
$599 in 2007
"If I had asked people what they wanted, they
would have said faster horses." -Henry Ford
Have you ever taken
a history class?
"If we do not learn from history, we shall be compelled to relive it. True. But if we do not change the future, we shall be compelled to
endure it. And that could be worse."
- Alvin Toffler
Any guess why the US House of Representatives has 435 members?
"The best way to predict the future is to invent it."
- Alan Kay
Hungry for the unknown?
Potentially hazardous near-Earth objects
From science fiction to science figuring-it-out
Australia, Dubai, France, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Spain, Sri Lanka, U.S.
Futurists actively working as policy analysts
John A. Sweeney