Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
the roaring twenties
Transcript of the roaring twenties
- People bought the same goods, did the same dances, listened to the same music, and spoke the same slang. Political Changes - The 19th Amendment gave women the right to vote.
- The population increased by 14 million.
- Majority of the population lived in urban areas.
- End of open immigration policy and The Red Scare.
- Revival of the Ku Klux Klan.
- Prohibition and the ratification of the 21st Amendment. Economic Changes -The nation’s total wealth more than doubled between 1920 and 1929, and this economic growth swept many Americans into an affluent but unfamiliar “consumer society.” Natalie Sweigart
Block 1 - -As the economy boomed, wages rose for most Americans and prices fell, resulting in a higher standard of living and a dramatic increase in consumer consumption. -The economy changes were mostly led by the automobile industry. - Speakeasies -Women became more independent. Henry
Ford - Broadway - The automobile and radio Flappers Ku Klux Klan 5 Factual Points; 1. Women became independent and involved in buisness. 2. More people lived in urban areas than rural areas for the first time. 3. The nation's total wealth more than doubled between 1920 and 1929. 4. The nation's wealth was lead by the automobile industry. 5. Americans got swept into an unfamiliar "consumer society." Rock on! (: