Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Art 3 - Hoover HS Figure/Ground
Transcript of Art 3 - Hoover HS Figure/Ground
Positive vs. Negative Space
The principle maintains that the human eye sees objects in their entirety before perceiving their individual parts.
Artists Using Gestalt
Positive Shape vs. Negative Shape
The human eye studies and evaluates the "whole" of any concept before it studies individual "parts".
While the sum is more than the parts...artists have the power to break apart the "parts" for more interest.
The relationship between any foreground object to its background. As an artist, we have the power to control how much the background "speaks" to your viewer. The background should "echo" your message in its pattern, symbolism, and colors.
Take photo references, develop TWO (2) sketches, develop preliminary artist's title - 10 pts
Develop background w/ collage/watercolor spray
Illustrate w/ colored pencil on your background- 70 pts
Including a final TYPED artist's statement explaining your symbolism - 10 pts
7 deadly sins or 7 heavenly virtues
1. Explain why an artist needs to be aware and develop a strong FIGURE/GROUND RELATIONSHIP within their work?
2. How does the law of GESTALT apply to both the artist AND the viewer of your work?
3. Explain the importance of visual language when looking art artwork.
In the Style of...
1. Communicate a CLEAR point of view in your work. A distinct message can be "read" from the work you create
2. Make highly informed choices in the selection and application of new media/styles
3. Show HIGHLY TECHNICAL ablity in work that shows understanding in the E.O.D. and P.O.D.
Fear or phobia
7 deadly sins or virtues
Hoover High School