Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
SIMPLE PAST 2
Transcript of SIMPLE PAST 2
What did you do on your last vacation?
Verbs types and Aux
SIMPLE PAST FORM
Regular verbs or ED ENDINGS
Ice Breaker Question
Solve this mini test on your notebook then your coach will choose some students to complete it in front of the class.
-ED ENDINGS PRACTICE
Pair up and practice with your partner the following questions
-Describe yourself in 30 seconds
-What Does your (dad/brother ) do everyday?
- How often do you have breakfast?
As you already know we have 2 types of verbs REGULAR and IRREGULAR and they have some differences and you can identify them in the chart below.
Work - Work
Play - Play
Walk - Walk
Drink - Drank - Drunk
Sleep - Slept - Slept
Speak - Spoke - Spoken
Irregular have 3 different ways present past and participle and most of the time they change the way they are written and pronounced.
In past tense you only have two ways present and past, past participle is the same as simple past and you only add ED at the end
Did (for all subjects)
I lived in Spain
You talked to the doctor
He needed help
She looked at the birds
It ate cookies
We wrote poems
They came with me
I did not live in Spain
You did not talk to him
He did not need help
She did not look at me
It did not eat cookies
We did not write poems
They did not come with me
Did I live in Spain?
Did you talk to the doctor?
Did he need help?
Did she look at the birds?
Did It eat cookies?
Did we write poems?
Did they come with me?
Keep in mind that when you use the auxiliary "DID" the verb stays in present, the third person doesn't need the "S" in the verb in past
Review with your coach and peers the following examples in simple past
Answer the following questions. Provide details and talk for 40 seconds non-stop
Learn the three ''ed'' ending rules
- If the last letter of the verb ends in an Unvoiced sound, the ED is pronounced as ''T''.
Watch / Watched (t)
Work/ Worked (t)
- If the last letter of the verb ends in a Voiced sound, the ED is pronounced as ''D''.
For those verbs ending with ''D'' or ''T'' the final ED sound is pronounced as ''ID''.
Practiced a)T b)D c)ID
Watched a)T b)D c)ID
Wanted a)T b)D c)ID
Fixed a)T b)D c)ID
Saved a)T b)D c)ID
Founded a)T b)D c)ID
Worked a)T b)D c)ID
Washed a)T b)D c)ID
You have 3 minutes to translate the following positive, negative and questions in past
1. Yo tenia dolor de cabeza ayer.
2. Nosotros hicimos la tarea en la noche.
3. Ella no hizo ejercicio esta mañana.
4. El no se acostó temprano ayer en la noche.
5. ¿Te dio el pasaporte Karla?
6. ¿Viniste a la fiesta la semana pasada?
Divide the class in two groups and four members of each one will go to the front to write regular or irregular verbs.
Everybody stand up and give a sentence using one of the verbs in the boxes above.
After translating, Repeat the sentences out loud