Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Forecasting for Southwestern U.
Transcript of Forecasting for Southwestern U.
Southwestern University's Options
1) Expand the current stadium by:
beginning of 2009
2) Plan building a new stadium by:
Best Model to Use
Forecasting Models to Consider for SWU
Weighted Moving Average
Forecasting Attendance for Southwestern U. Football Games
Selecting the Right Forecast Model
Comparing Forecast Models
BUS 786 Operations Analysis Forecasting
Linear Regression with Seasonality
Amount & Type of Available Data
Six years of historical data available (enough data in quantifiable form)
Degree of Accuracy Required
Rough estimate of when attendance will reach 54,000
Length of forecast horizon
Short- to medium-term forecasting required
Data patterns present
A trend is present:
Higher attendance at Homecoming
Lower attendance during crafts fest
to monitor the quality of a forecast
Projected attendance through 2011: 55,946
Expected revenue in 2010: $12,351,755.01
Expected revenue in 2011: $13,546,131.76