Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Adaptations of a Lynx
Transcript of Adaptations of a Lynx
Sharp Claws and Teeth
A lynx has very sharp claws and teeth. They use them for catching prey.
A lynx has good eye sight for hunting in the night.
A lynx lives mostly in snowy areas. These include Maine, Minnesota, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, and Washington.
A lynx has big paws witch help them run, climb, and stalk their prey.
A lynx has heavy fur to keep warm in winter. Fur in between their toes act like snow boots.
A lynx is a carnivore. The lynx will eat snowshoe hare (rabbits), mice, voles, grouse, ptarmigan, and red squirrel.
A lynx is a mammal. The average weight of a lynx is about 26 lbs. A lynx is warm blooded.
A lynx's long ears help them have good hearing. This helps the lynx hear predators and prey from a far distance.
A lynx hides meat that it kills so that it can go for a long time without hunting. Also so the lynx won't starve.
In the spring, a lynx's color darkens into a reddish brown to look more like it's surroundings.
Thanks for Watching!!!!
Go to http://animals.nationalgeografic.com/animals/mammals/lynx for more information.