Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
0. Course introduction 2017
Transcript of 0. Course introduction 2017
- What advantages might there be to having a global language?
As you viewing
- What problems might arise?
What is a 'lingua franca'?
List the factors that have made English a global language.
The local also influences English: what are Global English/es?
Prof. Crystal says that in order for English to be replaced as the global language another culture must become powerful in a 'political, military, cultural and economic sense'. He foretells possible scenarios in which this might occur. Spanish/Chinese/ German/ French is one of them.
What is a global language
What makes a global language?
sections in Crystal's
English as a Global Language
(pp. 3- 10)
Undertake some research into Spanish as a global language in media and how it is spreading.
Would you say that Spanish/Chinese/German/ French is a global language today?
Create a presentation (8-10 min) where you will share your findings and conclusions with the rest of the class.
1. Topic of research
2. Steps in your research
3. Sources of information
4. Relevant results and conclusions