Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Polycystic Kidney Disease
Transcript of Polycystic Kidney Disease
a CT scan, an MRI
scan or an ultra
sound scan No one knows for sure when the first case of PKD was discovered. There are two types of this rare but deadly disease There are two types of PKD.
There is the dominant kind which is more common
there is also the recessive type which is not as common but is more serious PKD brings up a few symptoms a few are:
chronic pain or heaviness in the backside or abdomen
Urinary Tract infection
The biggest give away of PKD is cysts in the Kidneys
those arent all of them but those are major ones the only treatment for this disease is a kidney transplant and the rest of your life taking medication. the average life expectancy for a person with PKD is a normal life unless the persons kidneys shut down, which they dont always do, then its a matter of time after that. Punnett square for recessive PKD karyotype of PKD PKD is a fairly new disease
we have known about PKD
for only a few years and we
do not have much research
on it yet but we are getting
more and more. works cited
Photos: 2008 April." Smug Puppies - You Can’t Have Everything. Where Would You Put It? Web. 15 Feb. 2011. <http://smugpuppies.com/2008/04/>.
"Young Feminist Wire » Yale World Fellows Program." Young Feminist Wire. Web. 15 Feb. 2011. <http://yfa.awid.org/2011/01/yale-world-fellows-program/>.
~::BATTLE OF MY LIFE::~. Web. 15 Feb. 2011. <http://qurzaieen.blogspot.com/>.
Info: 1. JOURNAL ARTICLELuft, FriedrichThe Gretchen question in autosomal-dominant polycystic kidney disease researchJournal of Molecular Medicine 2011 Feb 0720110207 Springer Berlin / Heidelberg1432-1440 (Electronic)0946-2716 (Linking)Experimental and Clinical Research Center, Max-Delbrück Center and Charité Medical Faculty, Lindenbergerweg 80, 13125 Berlin, Germany
MAJR- Medicine1-4 http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00109-011-0734-610.1007/s00109-011-0734-6 [doi],
2. Harris, Peter C. "The Autosomal Recessive Polycystic Kidney Disease." Q&A on PKD (2002): 6-7. Print,
3. Polycystic Kidney Disease – Diagnosis and Treatment Options at Mayo Clinic." Mayo Clinic. Web. 15 Feb. 2011. <http://www.mayoclinic.org/polycystic-kidney-disease/?wt.srch=1&wt.mc_id=google&keyword=minnesota_polycystic_kidney_polycystic_kidney_disease&campaign=mcr_kidney_transplant&state=national&kw=polycystic kidney disease&ad=4734767597&Network=Search&SiteTarget=&gclid=CO37mPPviKcCFdVf2gody37PgA>.,
4. When Was Polycystic Kidney Disease Discovered? | ChaCha Answers." Questions & Answers | ChaCha. Web. 15 Feb. 2011. <http://www.chacha.com/question/when-was-polycystic-kidney-disease-discovered>.